HOPE Relay Overview
DATE: November 23, 2019
COURSE: This 3.1-mile course has a wide variety of terrains. Some portions are on pavement; others are on wooded trails. This course may prove challenging for strollers! A general course map can be found 2019 Relay revised map but will be updated to include water stations and bootcamp stops soon.
PARKING: Please use the address of 1102 Garlington Road, Greenville SC, 29615 which is a new entry location this year. There will be signs and volunteers to direct you.
CHECK-IN: Please have one representative from your group check-in approximately 30 minutes before your start time. Check in tents are between the parking area and the race venue.
EXTRAS: We love the camaraderie and creativity shown by our participants; accordingly, we will recognize the groups with Best Costume and Best Team Name. The purpose of this event is to support the critical life-changing autism services provided by Project HOPE Foundation. We are grateful for everyone who helps raise funds for these programs and will recognize the Top Fundraising Individual and Top Fundraising Team.
EVENT DETAILS: HOPE 20k Run Relay, HOPE Boot Camp 5k, and HOPE 5K
- HOPE 20k Run Relay: The HOPE 20k Run Relay is a team relay event. Each of the 4 team members (team may consist of 1,2, 3 or 4 members) will run the 5k (3.1 mile) course loop individually, exchanging a slap bracelet between the runner who is completing the loop and the next participant. To record the team’s official time, the last runner must wear the designated bib with a timing chip in it. Starting times will be assigned according to team pacing, staggered from 7:30-8:30 a.m. The entry fee is $25 per person, which includes a race shirt and race giveaway item. Divisions include Open (at least 1 participant under 30), Submasters (all participants 30 and over), and Masters (all participants 40 and over). Teams often like to cross the finish line with their “anchor” who is officially finishing the race; we will provide a specific point at which teams can begin running together.
- HOPE 5k: The HOPE 5k is a run or walk event. Participants can run or walk the 5k (3.1 mile) course loop as individuals or in teams of any size. Start times will be staggered by groups, beginning at 9:00 a.m. and continuing through 9:40 a.m.The entry fee is $15 per person, which includes a race giveaway item.
- HOPE Boot Camp 5k: The HOPE Boot Camp 5k is a team event. The team will run the 5k (3.1 mile) course loop together and participate in team exercise stations staged throughout the course. This event is not timed. We anticipate that the Boot Camp 5K teams will have a start time of approximately 8:50. The entry fee is $25 per person, which includes a race shirt and a race giveaway item. Exercises can be seen here: Bootcamp Activity List but are subject to change if needed.
- Have fun.
- Be honest with pace time so that all participants can complete the course during the time allotted for volunteer support
- HOPE 20k Run Relay – maximum team pace time is 15 minute average per runner
- HOPE 5k – maximum individual pace time is 30 minutes per mile
- HOPE Boot Camp 5k – maximum team pace time is 30 minutes per mile
- Be aware of surroundings.