DATE: November 15, 2014
TEAMS: Each team has up to 4 runners (teams may have 1, 2, 3 or 4 members).
HOPE 34: The HOPE 34 is approximately 34 miles long, divided into 8 legs. The Hope 34 offers a medium difficulty leg of 3.34 miles (course one) for each participant in sequence + a second medium difficulty leg of 5 miles (course two) where each participant goes in sequence of 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 done.
You will see the 2013 Course Maps (Course One and Two) on the Course Information page. Each team member will run two legs, course one at 3.34 miles and course two at 5 miles.
HOPE 14: The HOPE 14 is approximately 14 miles long, divided into 4 legs. The Hope 14 offers a medium difficulty leg of 3.34 miles (course one) that each participant on team will run/walk in sequence of 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 done.
You will see the 2013 Course Map (Course One) on the Course Information page. Each team member will run one leg in distance 0f 3.34 miles.
HISTORY: The Relay began in 2010 to provide funding for Project HOPE Foundation, the only non-profit provider of autism services in the Upstate South Carolina community. The concept of a team relay covering a long journey corresponds to the story of families living with autism, a lifelong diagnosis that requires a team of parents, grandparents, family members, therapists, teachers and the surrounding community. Thank you for participating in the Relay.
- Have fun.
- Be honest with pace time.
- Maximum overall team pace time is 10 minute average for HOPE 34 and 15 minute average for HOPE 14 (HOPE 34 example, Runner 1 = 8 minute pace, Runner 2 = 12 minute pace, Runner 3 = 14 minute pace, Runner 4 = 6 minute pace). Add each runner’s pace time and divide by the total number of runners to get an overall average of 10 minutes).
- Be aware of surroundings.
DIVISIONS (only compete in one division):
- High School and College Division – Male, Female, Mixed
- Open Division (One or more under 30) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Submasters Division (All team members 30 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Masters Division (All team members 40 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Senior Masters Division (All team members 50 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Super Senior Masters Division (All team members 60 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
Packet Pick-Up sponsored by
- Participants will be able to pick up race packets on Wednesday, November 12, at Whole Foods Market Greenville from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (1140 Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC 29607) 864.335.2300.
- Out-of-town participants or participants who cannot make it to packet pick up may get their packets on race day at check in.
The HOPE 14 and HOPE 34 starts are located at the Salvation Army Kroc Center, Downtown Greenville, South Carolina.
- HOPE 34 Start waves begin at 7:50 AM and continue through 9:00 AM.
- HOPE 14 Start waves begin at 7:50 AM and continue through 9:00 AM.
- Parking is available off of Academy Street in front of the Kroc Center.
Team Check In Procedures
- One representative from each team is required for check in. The representative does not have to be the team captain.
- Upon check in, your team will be issued the current year race wrist wrap, which will be passed from runner to runner at each exchange station. Please arrive 30 to 45 minutes in advance of team start time.
- If your team has not received its packet on November 12, then please arrive 60 minutes in advance of team start time to collect necessary materials (race numbers, shirts, and slap bracelet), and check in.
- Team photos will be provided at Start at the Kroc Center in Downtown Greenville, South Carolina.
The finish line is located at the Kroc Center in Downtown Greenville, South Carolina.
Finishing as a Team
Teammates often cross the finish line with their “anchor” who is officially finishing the race. We will provide a specific point at which the team will begin to run together. Please enjoy this fun aspect to end your day.
- All participants receive medals at finish line.
- Awards will be given to first place finishers in each division and in each classification (all male, all female and mixed teams).
- Awards will be given to Best Team Outfit, Best Team Name, Best Team Recruiter and Best Fundraiser.