DATE: November 9, 2013
TEAMS: Each team has up to 4 runners (teams may have 1, 2, 3 or 4 members).
HOPE 35: The HOPE 35 is approximately 35 miles long, divided into 8 legs. 2013 Course Maps will come out mid May. 2012 Maps (See Course Maps) for more about the route. Each team member will run two legs that vary in distance from 3 to 6 miles.
HOPE 15: The HOPE 15 is approximately 15 miles long, divided into 4 legs. 2013 Course Maps will come out mid May. 2012 Maps (See Course Maps) for more about the route. Each team member will run one leg that varies in distance from 3 to 4.5 miles.
HISTORY: The Relay began in 2010 to provide funding for Project HOPE Foundation, the only non-profit provider of autism services in the Upstate South Carolina community. The concept of a team relay covering a long journey corresponds to the story of families living with autism, a lifelong diagnosis that requires a team of parents, grandparents, family members, therapists, teachers and the surrounding community. Thank you for participating in the Relay.
- Have fun.
- Be honest with pace time.
- Maximum overall team pace time is 10 minute average for HOPE 35 and 15 minute average for HOPE 15 (HOPE 35 example, Runner 1 = 8 minute pace, Runner 2 = 12 minute pace, Runner 3 = 14 minute pace, Runner 4 = 6 minute pace). Add each runner’s pace time and divide by the total number of runners to get an overall average of 10 minutes).
- Be aware of surroundings.
DIVISIONS (only compete in one division):
- High School and College Division – Male, Female, Mixed
- Open Division (One or more under 30) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Submasters Division (All team members 30 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Masters Division (All team members 40 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Senior Masters Division (All team members 50 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Super Senior Masters Division (All team members 60 and over) – Male, Female, Mixed
- Corporate Division (All team members within company and/or family) – Male, Female, Mixed
Packet Pick-Up sponsored by
- Participants will be able to pick up race packets on Thursday, November 7, at Whole Foods Market Greenville from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (1140 Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC 29607) 864.335.2300 OR Friday, November 8, at Courtyard Marriott Downtown Greenville from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (50 West Broad Street, Greenville, SC 29601)
- Out-of-town participants or participants who cannot make it to packet pick up may get their packets on race day at check in.
The HOPE 15 and HOPE 35 starts are located at the Peace Center on Main Street in Downtown Greenville, South Carolina.
- HOPE 35 Start waves begin at 8:00 AM and continue through 10:00 AM.
- HOPE 15 Start waves begin at 8:00 AM and continue through 10:00 AM.
- Parking is available at Leatherwood Plaza, University Square or downtown Parking Garage off of Camperdown Way adjacent to Falls Bridge.
Team Check In Procedures
- One representative from each team is required for check in. The representative does not have to be the team captain.
- Upon check in, your team will be issued the current year race wrist wrap, which will be passed from runner to runner at each exchange station. Please arrive 30 to 45 minutes in advance of team start time.
- If your team has not received its packet on November 7 or 8, then please arrive 60 minutes in advance of team start time to collect necessary materials (race numbers, shirts, and vehicle identification sign), and check in.
- Team photos will be provided at Start at the Peace Center on Main Street in Downtown Greenville, South Carolina.
The finish line is located behind the Peace Center in the Amphitheater and TD Stage.
Finishing as a Team
Teammates often cross the finish line with their “anchor” who is officially finishing the race. We will provide a specific point at which the team will begin to run together. Please enjoy this fun aspect to end your day.
- All participants receive medals at finish line.
- Awards will be given to first place finishers in each division and in each classification (all male, all female and mixed teams).
- Awards will be given to Best Team Outfit, Best Team Name, Best Team Recruiter, and Best Fundraiser.